July 21-We absolutely loved having our man back in our arms, but of course we knew it was just a temporary...albeit way too short of a visit. Before he left though, we (and by we I mean me and my MIL) dragged him to visit the city. For some reason I love the chaos of it all. But this trip was different. It was raining on and off and we didn't have much time to see the sights, but I still loved going. I really just wanted to take Ella to FAO Schwartz. It turns out Ella likes NYC and the chaos, too. She was smiling the whole time we were walking around. It was fun to watch her explore a new place and get all excited at the loud noises and the crazy amount of people. Maybe one day she will take after her G-Ma Don Don and work there!
Taking the Long Island RR into the city-Ella's first train ride!


Ella and Granny P being silly at the Empire State Building. We went there for lunch.

Very overcast/rainy day in the city...You couldn't even see the top of the building.

Family pic in front of St. Patrick's Cathedral.

In FAO Schwartz and Ella was quite the happy little girl.

She found a "Riley" doggie and had to have it;)

Best seat in the house!

Playing on the giant piano with Uncle Matt!
3 comments:
Ohhhh I love NYC too! We went there last year for Thanksgiving, it was Jon and Jackson's first trip to the BIG APPLE! Jackson loved the taxi's and thought it was so cool to hail them, he was a pro before we left! I too wanted him to expierience FAO Schwartz and the BIG piano, and he loved it! Ella is going to be a world traveler before she turns TWO, how lucky is she!!!
Your Grandma Collins worked at the Empire State Building back in the day too. Do they have a pic of her in the lobby yet???
Awww well that started out as a good day-lol- but unfortunately the rain and the subway mishap made someone cranky....haha.
Post a Comment