Back to why I am posting about my love of reading...I think I passed it down to our daughter. I know what you all are thinking. "Oh every kid loves to read. Yours is no different." I am going to go out on a limb here and I do think Ella is a tad bit different. While other children are probably running around wild driving their parents insane, mine is quietly sitting reading her books. ALL DAY. Of course she takes her breaks to watch Sesame Street or Dora and for a meal here and there, but the majority of her playtime indoors is spent reading. Even our night time routine has been interrupted. It used to consist of her picking out two books and I would rock her, read to her and we would say our prayers, and I would put her in the crib. Now she runs to her room and says "Me. Bed. No read mommy." But she will sit with the 50 books in her bed and read every single one of them to herself until she falls asleep. Even though I am terribly sad she doesn't want me rocking her or reading to her (this won't last long!) I am thrilled she loves books as much as her mama does. Remember my baby shower? And everyone brought a book for Ella instead of a card? Very, very worth it. Thank you all:)
Ella reading to her buddy, Big Bird





4 comments:
What an adorable book worm. She cracks me up! Hopefully she will tutor Ethan:)
Were there any actual words in the video? Lydia does that too and throws in random words: jibber-jabber-duck.
Too cute! I love the stage our girls are in! Well, mostly. LOL
Awwww smart like her mommy and daddy:)
That is HILARIOUS how she falls asleep with all of those books! I just love how they express their little personality so young.
Post a Comment