August 17, 2010

One hot mama...

It's hot here. Reallllly hot. Like 110 degrees every day. I'm starting to melt. Just thought I'd inform you of that situation.

For all the moms out there, can you all agree with me that the new wardrobe after you have a baby is yoga pants and tank tops? And hair in a pony tail (hopefully clean but not always) and definitely a lack of any makeup. Who has time for such things? I'm seeing it more as a cleansing of my skin and a break for my hair. I never blow dry it or straighten it anymore so maybe it will start looking healthier:) Afterall, my 30th birthday is right around the corner and I'm all about taking care of myself suddenly!

I am excited to say that Madeline is growing BIG and FAST! We took her in for her 3 week appointment and she weighed 7 lbs 13 oz and was almost 20 inches long. Ella took 5 weeks to gain a single lb so her "little" sister is surpassing her growth chart quite quickly. Madeline is starting to reach and grab for objects, and is cooing more everyday. Unfortunately, she is slacking in the sleep department and I'm feeling a little sleep deprived. But it's all good. I know "this too shall pass". I'm just enjoying her being a baby and hoping time slows down...just a bit.

Sweet Sisterly love

Sassypants


Thanks Bridget for my kickin' sleeper!
Hanging out!
LOVE this.
Milk drunk..not me, Madeline (*note the lack of makeup and the hair in a ponytail and nursing bra hanging out. Geez I'm a hot mess. Focus on Madeline.)
Two goofy faces
She looks pretty tough, huh? I think she was pooping.
I believe something is wrong with this photo.
LOOK at the chunk!! SO exciting because Ella never had baby rolls!! Woohoo!

We went on a buffalo hunt in the Wildlife Preserve. Ella was her typical self posing for the camera.
First buffalo we encountered. Later it was literally walking the double yellow and I could have reached out and touched it. It was SO close to us, my camera wouldn't focus to take a photo. It's a HUGE animal. I might or might not have screamed when it walked by. And of course Tom picked MY side of the car to drive by it.
We took a trip up Mt. Scott. We did the same thing when Ella was a few weeks old. Unfortunately, we have to take another trip because there was something on the lens and it ruined all the pics.

Tom took a few sweet shots of me and my little girl


Grabbing onto objects

Look at the little fluffy bunny tail

Thanks for checking in!

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

Her sunflower outfit looks so cute on her!!!! Love the pics. You look wonderful for not only having a new born but a toddler too!!! Your girls are beautiful!!!

Devine Doodles said...

I'm glad to hear that is your attire. I thought I was the only one that dressed that way.LOL! Madeline is growing a little too big a little too fast:( Her limbs look long and skinny like her BIG sis's were. Lucky girls:)
You are doing a GREAT job taking care of your two beauty's. Tom hasn't fallin over yet so you must be taking good care of him too. Good JOB Mommy/Wifey!

Lauren said...

You all look great!! Love all the photos!! Can't belive she is already a month old, geez...

Sara said...

Hey! I just stumbled across your blog this morning...somehow? Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Your girls are adorable. Congrats on Madeline! (and by the way...for just having a baby, you look fantastic!)
Sara
www.petersonstories.blogspot.com