August 31, 2010

Storytime!

I have a story for you. I find it humorous.

I decided I needed my hair highlighted last week because I'm a bridesmaid this weekend in my cousin's fabulous wedding in NY. I'm already feeling pretty low about my new "shapely" body and as any new mom can agree...downright frumpy! So I needed a little pick-me-up. Tom agreed to watch the girls so off to the hair salon I go. Thank god I only spent 2 hours away from the house because when I came home, I thought the house had been robbed. The living room was a disaster (thanks to Hurricane Ella) and both girls were not happy. Oh and neither was Tom. You would have thought I had left him for weeks with these kids. He was so frazzled. I started laughing when he began telling me all of his "woes" of the past two hours. "You wouldn't believe it...Ella was throwing a fit because Riley ate her hot dog, but yet she had an ice pop in her hand. She cried because I didn't want to play in her room anymore. Madeline started crying at the same time so I had to heat up milk for a bottle and the dog was whining to be let out. I barely had time to heat up dinner for myself, no less eat it." The list went on. I stood there staring at him like "uh huh babe. Yup." Who is he kidding? That's my everyday, all day. Men...sheesh. ;) I think he respects my job a little more now. BUT to his credit, he did watch the girls again while I went our for drinks with Callie and I came home to a pretty clean house, both girls bathed and ready for bed and a very happy family.

This was the smiling family I came home to:)

I think I have five photos with my Madeline so I'm forced to take self portraits

Happppppy!
Serious
Love the little bottom on her onesie

Hiiiiiiii bloggers!!!She's getting so big!

3 comments:

Modern Camelot said...

First, your daughters are gorgeous. Second, you are the furthest momma I've seen from "frumpy"! Hope your hair makes you feel fab, you look it!

The Vest Family said...

LMAO at the story. People (husbands) have no clue until they go thru a bad day. I'm glad Tom got his because Roger always gets the boys on a good day. Underappreciated to say the least!!!!

I agree that you are the furthest from frumpy. Aidan's 13 months now and I still feel that way. Does that feeling ever go away? Maybe after a trip to DR.90210,lol!

Loving the pics. Sad I haven't met Miss. Madeline yet:(

Lauren said...

HILARIOUS STORY!! I agree with Bridget either hubby's or grandparents always get the "good days children". Poor Tom, at least the second time went smoother it looks :) YOU ARE NOT FRUMPY at all! You are still as gorgeous as ever!! Don't be so hard on yourself! I would have to say that for 2 children you look AMAZING!!