April 19, 2011

Top 2 Tuesday



This week's Top 2 Tuesday: Things You Collect

It just so happens I really only collect two things:) When we were stationed in Germany we traveled all over Europe. In each country we visited I tried to find a Christmas ornament. I think I might have missed two or three countries, but I still have a beautiful collection. I wish I had pictures, but my favorites are probably a big fat Santa from Rome, a huge glass ball from Prague and a snowman from Ireland.

The second thing I collect is Polish Pottery. I made Tom take two trips with me to Boleslawiec, Poland to collect this pottery. In the states it is sold for crazy prices, but in Poland you can buy the stuff dirt cheap. Some people hate it. I however, LOVE it. And not to mention there was this amazing little restaurant there that served THE best goulash ever. Of course Riley would come with us and sit on my lap, too. Ahhhhh memories...I love looking back to those times.

Tom and I in front of one of the many, many pottery stores
This town is only known for it's pottery...as you can see from the sign when you enter it.
This is the pottery collection I wish I had...
But sadly, this is my small collection. Which isn't so bad;) Our dream is to be stationed back in Germany one day and if that ever happens, Poor Tom will be taking a lot more trips back to Poland!
Come visit The Undomestic Momma to play!

5 comments:

TanaLicious said...

The pottery is beautiful! The blue color is so vibrant!

Caroline said...

The pottery is beautiful! And I love that you collect ornaments. I was sad that I couldn't find one at our resort in the DR.

star said...

I also collect ornaments! That pottery is gorgeous!

The Weiss Family said...

I love mine! I have actually gotten a few more pieces at The Christmas Tree Shops and its not too $$$

Shari said...

That pottery is gorgeous!!!