I typically love Christmas season, but this year I just kept wishing the holidays away. There's something about not having your main squeeze home to help celebrate with that dampers my mood a bit. But I know next year I will be completely gung-ho on everything from decorating, to wrapping, to shopping...actually nothing ever dampers that. Make no mistake though, I did everything to ensure these girls of ours had the most perfect Christmas. We spent Christmas Eve with our family at Mass, and then headed to Granny P's house for her annual Christmas Eve Cocktail party. We stuffed our faces with delicious foods and beverages and the girls got to open a few presents. I don't know if it's her age or what, but Ella loved opening presents and asking for
more. Yikes...I hope we aren't raising Miss Ungrateful. I guess I need to step up on teaching her "present opening" manners. She did, however, give huge hugs to everyone and say thank you. I guess I can't win every little battle.
After the party, we headed home for our own Christmas traditions. The girls changed into their Christmas pajamas and I read them The Night Before Christmas..a few times. Then Grandma read it, too. We left Santa some cookies and egg nog and carrots for his reindeer, sprinkled the "reindeer" food on the lawn and I tucked them in bed. I have never seen Ella more excited to go to sleep in her whole life.
 |
| A few pictures before church |
 |
| Thank you Ella. This pic actually had a chance, too. |
 |
| Giving up on a family photo |
 |
| Individual shots are easier |
 |
| I know this picture isn't perfect, but I love it. I loved their dresses! Thank you Aunt Bunny! My girls literally stopped traffic at church because everyone had to say hello and tell us how pretty the girls and their dresses were! |
 |
| She's growing up too fast. |
 |
| Gma and her grandgirls |
 |
| Adorable PJs from Auntie Jenny and Uncle Phil! |
 |
| She was clearly excited about opening presents. |
 |
| Everyone needs their own Dora Snuggie |
 |
| These two will always make me laugh |
 |
| Maybe this is why I had to read the book 10x. Is anyone paying attention? |
 |
| Madeline wants the book.... |
 |
| NOW. Ella of course has other plans. |
 |
| But she so nicely gives her the book (I am sure I am promising her something.) |
 |
| This is what Christmas is all about...through the eyes of a child. |
 |
| A very excited little child, too! |
 |
| Putting the ornaments back on the tree after playing with them |
 |
| My mom...without her I never would have gotten through Christmas!! |
 |
| Admiring all of the pretty gifts. Thinking that next year, each girl is getting one present. ;) |
 |
| Can't wait for them to open it all! (and no they are not ALL for them! I am not that crazy) |
No comments:
Post a Comment