December 9, 2011

O' Christmas Tree

I will admit it: I didn't want to put up a tree this year. It had nothing to do with being sad about my husband being away or not being in our own home for the holidays. It had everything to do with Madeline. I figured she would destroy it in 3.2 seconds. I thought I would constantly be redirecting her away from the tree, putting ornaments back up, or vacuuming up the broken pieces. Lucky for us...and for Madeline...she is actually very good with it. Sure, she touches it and occasionally takes an ornament off, but it's nothing like I pictured it. She did pull off a lot of them while we decorated it, but we put her to bed, had a few beers (my mom and I...not Ella of course) and all was jolly again. I loved hearing how excited Ella was every time she pulled an ornament out of the box. "Ohhh this is my faaaaaavorite one" or "oh this is just so pretty and cute". We continued the tradition of popcorn and hot cocoa by the tree with Ella and this little one was so tuckered out after decorating, she passed out on the ottoman like an angel. 



Ella sitting on the rocking horse looking at the tree

Love the glow
I took pictures of some special ornaments...I brought this home from Rome for my mom (we share a LOVE for ornaments)
Handpainted brought home from Prague
Angels with beautiful wings...belonged to my great grandma
MY Christmas bulb. 31 years old that little thing is;)
The Citadel ornament. No explanation needed.
My mom picked this up when we took her to Salzburg, Austria. I LOVE it.
Is there anything sweeter than this?
Or this?

No comments: