I think I am in love. With a little guy named Henry. He's our Elf. And he's changed Ella's behavior drastically this past month. I envy his power and adore his cute, yet creepy face. Ella is very into Christmas and Santa Claus this year and Henry has added even more excitement to the holiday season. Some people probably think I am crazy, but I am going with how my mom worded it... She told me I am making it very magical for Ella. Everyday we find the Elf doing something silly. Sometimes he is playing in toy planes. Or hanging from lamps. Even ziplining through the kitchen. But my favorite has been the look on the girls faces when Henry brought them breakfast from the North Pole. Ella couldn't BELIEVE it. It was a simple breakfast of powdered "snow" donuts, hot cocoa and candy canes, but she was floored that Henry brought this for her ALL the way from the North Pole. She also told me how the hot cocoa was MUCH better than the kind I make "probably because it's from the North Pole mama". Every morning Ella wakes up and the first thing she says to me is "Let's go find the elf". And it's always a contest between her and Madeline. Madeline may not understand the concept, but she sure has a blast elf hunting and says "ook ook" (look) when she spots him. There is nothing like Christmas time when you have children to share it with. My mom said I am making it magical for them, but they truly bring the magic to the season.
 |
| Ella's new hot cocoa mug |
 |
| Madeline's new cup |
 |
| Henry had his own mini elf donuts (cheerios with sprinkles...Ella got a kick out of this) |
 |
| Madeline was a little concerned when Henry fell after we moved the box of donuts. But that didn't stop her from throwing donuts. It was like she was having a snowball fight. |
 |
| Henry is down for the count. He had a long flight from the North Pole. |
2 comments:
So cute! I hope you all are enjoying the holiday season. I love these pics!
Melissa, I am so jealous you get to do that stuff with your babies still. I got lil Glenn to come and lay down with me and we got snacks to watch The Elf on the Shelf that I taped and he lasted two minutes, looked over at me and was like are you kidding mom, i'm outta here..lol. And that's a great idea. Now after Christmas what are you going to do? Your gonna have to get Peter Rabbit on the Shelf to keep her on her toes. lol... i miss you and please say hi to mom and dad and bryan and randy for me kkk xxoo AJC
Post a Comment