December 17, 2011

St. Augustine

The girls and I took a road trip last weekend to St. Augustine with my wonderful mother-in-law. I can't believe she wanted to brave an entire weekend with my girls, but she did it! I have always wanted to go there, but especially during the holidays since I have heard how beautiful it is. And it truly is! I was not disappointed in the least bit. The whole city is decorated in lights and Christmas decor.  We met up with one of my best friends, Jaimie and her friend, Erin for lunch and hot cocoa. The girls adored seeing them. Later that evening, we took them to Winter Wonderland where they saw Santa, played in a little elf village and we all froze;) Seriously, the weather was crazy. It was as windy as Oklahoma (the fake snow wouldn't even blow away because it was all stuck in a tree from the wind), and icy cold (hehe I say icy and really it was probably 60 degrees out). I did giggle to see the Floridians dressed like they lived in the arctic with snow hats, heavy coats and scarves. I looked at my kids in their little fleeces and they didn't seem to mind the temperatures. But apparently my old bones can't handle the chill in the air because I wanted to steal every winter coat I saw that night. All in all, it was a wonderful trip. Add it to the list of memories I am making with my girls!

Gorgeous Casa Monica (Tom a romantic weekend getaway here would be FAB!)
Granny P speed walking
Me & Mine
Inside the beautiful Cathedral Basilica of St. Augustine
Erin, Jaimie and myself in front of the oldest schoolhouse
The girls had fun running around the Fort there
When did she grow UP??



Hello windy day!
Trying to get a sneak peek at Santa!
Santa's den
Las year Madeline loved Santa...this year not so much. Ella LOVED him though.
Ice skating..so pretty
How did you get her to sit still?

The girls all tuckered out in the hotel

2 comments:

MsHark said...

Aww looks fun! the girls are gorgeous! your hair is getting so long! and I love your outfit with the boots... very casual chic ;_)

virginia sorensen said...

Love the photos of Ella running around, she IS getting so big and is such a beautiful girl! Hope you gals had a very merry Christmas.