I say this with every age, but I really can't believe she's two. I think any parent will agree that time flies by once you have children and even more so once you keep adding on to the brood. There is a part of me who feels as if I just left the hospital with Madeline as a tiny newborn, and then there is part of me who feels as old as dirt and yes, of course two years have gone by because I can see the wrinkles and gray hair coming in.
From the second Madeline made her appearance in this world of ours I knew she wasn't going to be like our Ella. I had a keen sense of exactly how her personality was going to be and I have been spot on ever since. She came out screaming her head off (ella was surprisingly calm) and her skin was crazy red and blotchy (not the peaches and cream like Ella). She seemed to hate every bit of being outside of me. But I was attached from the second I laid eyes on her. She has a love of life and everything and everyone around her. She's sweet to strangers and has a giggle that could make a Queen's Guard crack a smile over. There isn't a day she doesn't keep me on my toes! I could listen to her tell me stories all day because each one is full of vibrancy and enthusiasm. I may not understand every word, but you can't help but listen to her. She's not the least bit shy like her sister is and enjoys being the center of attention!
I want to capture this age of two in every way possible. Madeline might drive me batty with jumping off couches and coloring wherever she pleases, but with every age and stage, it will pass and I wish I could take more time to bite my tongue and "enjoy" watching her learn and grow. More than anything I hope she knows how much her daddy and I love her...no matter how many walls we've had to Magic Erase;)
You're a beautiful blessing to us, Madeline Irene. Happy 2nd birthday! May this next year be filled with fun, happiness and zero tantrums. We love, love, love you endlessly.
 |
| We spent the morning of her birthday at Gator Fred's. It was pouring rain and I am so happy a bunch of her friends decided to hang out with us! |
 |
| We had some family over that evening to celebrate with pizza and cake and ice cream. I feel zero guilt for having her party straight from the aisles of Wal-Mart with the Minnie Mouse theme and plastic decor. Between Tom coming home, the move and having a ton of goodbyes, this mama wasn't planning a party. And guess what? Madeline LOVED it. |
 |
| Shoes were a very popular gift this year! Very grateful for that! |
 |
| Giving uncle Bud a hug for his awesome present. |
 |
| Her new bike from Mommy and Daddy |
 |
| Birthday princess! |
 |
| Just to have her daddy there while she blew out the candles this year meant the world to me...and her:) |
 |
| Sharing stories with Uncle Bryan! |
No comments:
Post a Comment