As I sit here on the eve of Tom returning home to us, I still can't really believe it. 371 days without him. And an extra 12 hour delay due to who knows...but here we are waiting. Just waiting for morning to come so we can head out on the road to drive seven hours to pick up the one we love so much. At this point I would drive to the other side of the country if it meant being a family again. To say we are excited is a true understatement. Relieved, anxious, blissfully happy, nervous, relieved. Really relieved. My better half, my sane half, my patient half is on his way to make our lives easier and whole again. I can't wait for that pit in my stomach to go away from missing him so much.
Thank you to everyone who made my life beautiful and full this past year. I am blessed with an amazing group of friends and family here. All of the love, support, and prayers did not go unnoticed. To my bestie, Bridget, you are my rock and my comfort. Anytime I was about to break, you were right there to get me through it. I think Tom owes you a plane ticket to Lawton...or a girls cruise;) To all of my "mama" friends, those calls, texts, messages and playdates made my heart so happy. You all kept me busy, busy, busy and my mind off of reality! To my fabulous in-laws, especially Monica and Chuckie, thank you for always checking in on us and for constantly making me laugh and helping out with the girls. To my parents, there isn't a blog post long enough to thank you for everything you have done this past year. Thank you for allowing my family to move in here and take over this house...the painters, Stanley Steamer, and Merry Maids will be here the day after we leave;) Thank you to my dad for teaching me to make an amazing pasta sauce, gravy and the most delicious chicken francese ever. To my mom, thank you for having the adept ability to know just when I needed a break. I may have shed a few tears on your shoulders this year and I wouldn't have wanted them to fall on anyone else. You are simply the best!
Last, but certainly not least, thank you my love...for everything. You already know how I feel and you are not a fan of PDA, so I will leave it at that;)
And as for now, I will go and enjoy the rest of my evening with my girls. It's our last night just the three of us. But I think we're ok with that.
Thank you to everyone who made my life beautiful and full this past year. I am blessed with an amazing group of friends and family here. All of the love, support, and prayers did not go unnoticed. To my bestie, Bridget, you are my rock and my comfort. Anytime I was about to break, you were right there to get me through it. I think Tom owes you a plane ticket to Lawton...or a girls cruise;) To all of my "mama" friends, those calls, texts, messages and playdates made my heart so happy. You all kept me busy, busy, busy and my mind off of reality! To my fabulous in-laws, especially Monica and Chuckie, thank you for always checking in on us and for constantly making me laugh and helping out with the girls. To my parents, there isn't a blog post long enough to thank you for everything you have done this past year. Thank you for allowing my family to move in here and take over this house...the painters, Stanley Steamer, and Merry Maids will be here the day after we leave;) Thank you to my dad for teaching me to make an amazing pasta sauce, gravy and the most delicious chicken francese ever. To my mom, thank you for having the adept ability to know just when I needed a break. I may have shed a few tears on your shoulders this year and I wouldn't have wanted them to fall on anyone else. You are simply the best!
Last, but certainly not least, thank you my love...for everything. You already know how I feel and you are not a fan of PDA, so I will leave it at that;)
And as for now, I will go and enjoy the rest of my evening with my girls. It's our last night just the three of us. But I think we're ok with that.
12 comments:
Love this! So happy for you!~ ashley young
*tears*
What can I say? I am sooooo sad that you are leaving. I have loved having you "home". Although we are over an hour apart and didn't get to visit as often as I would have liked. I felt at ease having you here. I'm sorry I couldn't do more. I can't imagine the feelings you had over the year. You are a brave, strong, wise women. I'm pretty certain I would have thrown in the white towel a long time ago. Being without your other half and raising two young kids is an overwhelming thought and you DID IT AND YOU DID IT WELL!! Tom is a very lucky man to have you as his wife and babies momma. He owes me nothing. We will have a girls cruise one day tho:) xoxo Safe travels tomorrow!!
EXACTLY what Bridget said!
So happy the year is over for you, and excited for your tomorrow. You are stronger than you give yourself credit for, and thinking of you helps put my few days a month alone with the kids into perspective. Thank you for that. :)
So happy the year is over for you, and excited for your tomorrow. You are stronger than you give yourself credit for, and thinking of you helps put my few days a month alone with the kids into perspective. Thank you for that. :)
So happy the year is over for you, and excited for your tomorrow. You are stronger than you give yourself credit for, and thinking of you helps put my few days a month alone with the kids into perspective. Thank you for that. :)
So happy the year is over for you, and excited for your tomorrow. You are stronger than you give yourself credit for, and thinking of you helps put my few days a month alone with the kids into perspective. Thank you for that. :)
So happy the year is over for you, and excited for your tomorrow. You are stronger than you give yourself credit for, and thinking of you helps put my few days a month alone with the kids into perspective. Thank you for that. :)
So happy the year is over for you, and excited for your tomorrow. You are stronger than you give yourself credit for, and thinking of you helps put my few days a month alone with the kids into perspective. Thank you for that. :)
I know you have been waiting for this moment.. enjoy your time with your man!
This just made me cry!! I know this past year has been so hard for you. I cannot even fathom having to endure missing your other half like that. I felt so blessed to have had you and my nieces close this past year. It's been amazing watching them grow and I cherish all of the memories we made from our concerts, to our simple back porch beer sessions, all of the holidays and special occasions, family dinners, Ella's soccer and dance. I am going to be devastated when you leave. I admire what an amazing wife and mother you are. Love you so so much and I am so happy our Eeyore is home safe with his girls.
YAY, he is back! can't wait to see homecoming pictures :) :)
Post a Comment