July 31, 2012

Saying goodbye to FL

A few days after we celebrated Madeline's birthday with our amazing family, we had another get together. This time it was to say goodbye though. It was time for us to start our next adventure: a move back to Ft. Sill, OK. For as many goodbyes as I have had to say in my life, this one would round the top of the list. I dreaded it. Every bit of it. I'm 31 years old, and I didn't want to leave my parent's home. I didn't want to leave that beautiful sunshine state full of my best friends and family and that feeling of pure comfort. There aren't enough ways to thank my family and friends for taking such wonderful care of us during Tom's deployment. I'm sure the homesickness will kick in after a few weeks in Oklahoma and I know they'll all be there for me:)

The move was hectic... We packed up quickly and had the truck loaded and ready to be on the road at 5am on the 21st. 5am came (who really ever leaves on time anyway?!) and my dad brought us one last cup of DD coffee and I sat in my parents house listening to the quietness of the early morning. About five minutes before we decided "ok it's reallllly time to go" my mom asked one last time if we wanted her to go and this time Tom said yes. Thank god she's an easy packer and thank god we brought her along for the crazy ride. She was such a huge help with everything that comes with moving to a different state and living in a hotel and unpacking a house with two small children. I don't think she slept for the ten days we held her hostage, but I will never forget her generosity. The move would not have gone as smoothly as it did without her help.
Tom called that pina colada in a bag "like drinking a cloud"...moving is stressful and leads hubbies to drink everything in the house! One last goodbye with my baby girl Lily Claire. I miss her a ridiculous amount. And so do the girls.
Too many boxes.
Unpacking boxes was simply exhausting for this child. She fell asleep wherever she possibly could...including the coffee table, floor and our bed with a pop tart in hand. (Don't judge me all you judging mothers for giving my kid a pop-tart either.)
Top left is what our master bedroom looked like. O.M.G. I do not know how we ever organized that room. Bottom left is what the playroom started out like. Another YIKES.  And then there's the picture of my babies falling asleep on me. 

1 comment:

dcy said...

I could maybe say that was the best 10 days I've ever spent being a hostage! Love & miss you all!! xoxo