October 30, 2012

Happy 5th Birthday, my sweet Ella

 Five. Five? Really? When did that happen? Excuse while I delve into a little bit of denial here, but I am still picturing bringing you home from the hospital and being so excited to introduce you to our Riley. (Yes, even your daddy was excited to do that!) So when exactly did you go from a tiny 6lb newborn into this sweet, beautiful almost 4ft tall five year old? I would love to say that I want to turn back time and bring you back to the baby stage, but I wouldn't. You have become everything and more that I could ask for in a daughter. You are helpful, honest, kind, funny, snuggly. You amaze me with your artistic talent, love for dance and photography and all things nature. When we are at a playground, I can easily spot you searching for dandelions to make wishes on, flowers to give me or leaves to collect. Your outfit isn't complete unless you are wearing a headband and sparkly shoes. You can't get enough of your Disney princesses and Barbies and puzzles. When I asked you what you wanted to be when you grew up, you replied "a mom".  You make my heart so full and happy. I have loved watching you grow up into an awesome little five year old and I reallllllly hope you are this sweet as a teenager. (A mom can dream, right?)

Happy birthday to my firstborn, my lovely Ella. We love you to the moon and back and back again!

Photo Story: Gift from Grandpa...


Wait? It comes with a wig?
Hilarious!
Lookin' Good!


Birthday girl waited all day to open her pile of presents
               



Uncle Bud and Uncle Bryan's gift!
A telescope!


Very excited for her Wizard of Oz cake!








She totally takes after her Granny P with icing! 
We carved pumpkins after cake:)



And we just had to go outside to see the moon close-up!

1 comment:

dcy said...

Love her comment "I want to be a mom" I remember you saying that to me! Love all the updates - we miss all of you so much! xoxo