Tom and I took a little getaway to Wilmington, NC for his cousin Michael's wedding. We flew my mom into town to watch the girls (a complete treat for her and probably the only way I wouldn't stress about them when we were away!) Wilmington is a gorgeous little city right on the coast and we loved our stay there. Our hotel was right downtown so we were able to walk to everything from the restaurants and pubs to the cute shops. We had lunch on the water the day we arrived and I have to admit, it was really nice to enjoy a meal without having to worry about kids. I only had to feed myself! Amen! We loved being able to spend time with Tom's family, too. We miss them so much and being able to see them again made me that much more homesick for FL.
The wedding was absolutely beautiful...it was simple, charming, southern chic with lots of burlap and white flowers and handpainted signs. An awesome sparkler sendoff ended the night and by then I was very ready to kick off my heels and relax in our room. After all, I was able to sleep in and I was definitely taking advantage of that! (Gosh being a mom really changes how much you party...or at least for me it does.) I'd choose sleep ANY DAY over a night out. ANY DAY.
| Our View from the room |
| Lunch on the water |
| My keepsake ornament ( I collect ornaments from everywhere I go!) |
| Lunch with Monica and Alexis and my niece Olivia! |
![]() |
| I was able to meet up with my awesome cousins Lara and Stuart! I love them dearly! |
| My beautiful sis Monica! |

No comments:
Post a Comment