April 16, 2013

Change

I have had one of those days where I can't believe that big change is coming. I keep looking at my girls and thinking "Can I really take care of three of these little humans?" Too late to back out, huh? Our son will be welcomed into this crazy, chaotic world this week and whether I am ready or not...here he comes. I have felt so very ready for the past 9 months. Really. I have had not had any anxiety or nervousness. I have been just plain happy to be pregnant and adding a little boy to our family. But now that it's my due date, I have to admit it's surreal.

I know Ella and Madeline will be the best big sisters. They have taken such great care of me this pregnancy and their smiles couldn't possibly be bigger as our countdown arrived to this date. They are already fighting over who will hold him and what toys he will want to play with first. They love to look at his clothes and laugh about how his diapers could fit their dolls. I pray they are patient with me as I go through that newborn/infant stage with their brother and re-learn everything once again.

Even though I have definitely complained way more with this pregnancy and being uncomfortable, there are parts I will miss. Not the beginning with all that morning sickness at all, but remembering hearing his precious heartbeat for the first time on my birthday, feeling the flutters of his kicks and punches a few weeks later, and finally finding out we will be expecting our first son at the big ultrasound. Twenty weeks later and even though my feet are starting to swell and I probably haven't slept more than four hours a night in weeks, I wouldn't change it for the world. Pregnancy is a blessing. I know this. Feeling him turn and move and hiccup, it's all a miracle. Babies are true little miracles from God and we absolutely can't wait to meet ours.

I would like to think he was trying to escape in this video, but I was wrong as he is now officially tardy! But definitely the most amazing part of being pregnant.





2 comments:

Natassja said...

Beautifully written :)

Jamie Kubeczka said...

Congrats mama and best of luck with delivery day! I can't wait to see pics. Oh and you totally got this.. I had the same feelings and it hasn't been bad at all.