Somehow Tom was convinced (by Granny P) to run a 5k pretty much the day after we arrived in FL. A 5k is nothing for him. He can run that in his sleep. Unfortunately, the race was at 7am and that meant a super early start to our day since somehow he convinced Ella to run in the kid's fun run/obstacle course as well. We loaded up the family and headed out around 6am. (How on Earth I ever left the house that early with all three kids dressed for the day...I will not know).
It was a brutally muggy morning. I was sweating just standing there so I couldn't imagine trying to run in that humid weather. But they did it! When it was time for Ella's fun run, I saw how many parents were running with their children so I quickly volun-told Tom that he was to run with her. It was 1/3 of a mile around a lake and then an obstacle course. Off they went and Ella did awesome! She was definitely in the front half to finish so I was proud! When she received her medal at the end she was all smiles. I asked her if she wanted to run another race, and she quickly shot back "NO!" Now that's a girl after my own heart. Running ain't our thing, sweetie. But we will always look cute trying.
It was a brutally muggy morning. I was sweating just standing there so I couldn't imagine trying to run in that humid weather. But they did it! When it was time for Ella's fun run, I saw how many parents were running with their children so I quickly volun-told Tom that he was to run with her. It was 1/3 of a mile around a lake and then an obstacle course. Off they went and Ella did awesome! She was definitely in the front half to finish so I was proud! When she received her medal at the end she was all smiles. I asked her if she wanted to run another race, and she quickly shot back "NO!" Now that's a girl after my own heart. Running ain't our thing, sweetie. But we will always look cute trying.
The runners...and Madeline. She only showed up for the free food.
Testing out the obstacle course
Hanging with Grampy Larry while they ran their 5K
Ella before her race
Happy to have survived!
Such a good Grampy!
Too funny...I don't think Ella even realized she was "racing" but she took Granny P's advice to heart and scooted around everyone. Haha








1 comment:
OMG. So cute. Seriously, she is the cutest little all-star ever! I'm sending her a plane ticket & she's moving in with me for the summer! She can come run with me & Jack! :) Love this kid!
Post a Comment