We took a roadtrip to FL to see our family and friends so everyone could meet Sam for the first time. It wasn't the easiest of trips because sweet Sam does love to eat every two hours, and we did run into Tropical Storm Andrea on our way into the Sunshine State, but we made it. I did, however, almost lose it when Ella asked that awful dreaded roadtrip question "Are we there yet?" an hour into the drive.
I found a ladybug on Tom's shorts (bottom pic) in TX at our first stop. I always see them as a sign of good luck and a reminder that my grandpa is watching over us from above.
Grandpa meeting Sam for the first time. Melts my heart to see these pictures. He's holding his first and only grandson and I could tell he was just beaming with pride:)
Uncle Bud meeting his nephew:)
Sam was a totally different baby in FL. The constant fussiness stopped. He was content, happy, relaxed. Which in turn made me very content, happy and relaxed. Here he is on Grandma's lap chilling:)
We loved being at home, but it was definitely too short of a visit. I could've stayed all summer long, but we knew we had to return to OK eventually to move! Waking up to Dunkin' Donuts coffee and Lemonade donuts was a small slice of heaven. Having Sam calm, loving the warm weather outside was an added bonus. The girls were all smiles being at Grandma and Grandpa's house with the pool, spoiled by their attention and visits from family and friends. Life was good. Better than good:)
I drank my delicious coffee...
...while Sam slept in my lap, enjoying life.
I think Tom is all set to swim!
The girls just staring at the pool first thing in the morning hoping to go in.
And of course they were able to swim.
Aunt Monica stopped by to hang out with her newest nephew
Uncle Chris stopped by, too.
Our friend Sheryl and her kids Makayla and Jackson came to hang out. Ella was so happy to have her friend over to play!
And Sam slept...
...while the girls ran through the house. He's used to the noise;)
Sheryl meeting Sam!
We took Sam for his first trip to Publix. Where I picked up my two favorite things: a sub and their popcorn.
I took Madeline for her first pedicure. She was very unsure at first, but ended up loving it and asking to go back again the next day. Oh sweet child...if only!
More vacation pictures to come!






No comments:
Post a Comment