Yeahhhhhh right. Is it really? What about Disney World makes it the happiest place on earth? The insanely long lines? The way overpriced everything Mickey? The hot as Hades heat of FL? I really can't choose one! Now add food poisoning to that and there's our Disney trip this year. Poor Tom woke up on the morning we were supposed to go with a nice case of that. After buying $30 worth of Tylenol and other little food poisoning aides at the hotel "market", he was good enough to get out of bed and brave the house of Mickey. I can officially say he's the best husband/father on Earth for doing that. He didn't want to disappoint the girls, and he knew I couldn't take all three on my own.
Luckily my amazing sis-in-law and her boyfriend joined us later in the day to help us out. The girls were ecstatic to have them around and truthfully...so was I. Taking a six week old to Disney is definitely doable, but not easy. I felt like the majority of my attention was on him.
We stayed at the Contemporary and we all loved it. The first day we were there, we hung out by the pool, drank yummy mango margaritas and pina coladas and the kids (and Tom) enjoyed the twisty waterslide. Even Madeline went down the slide on her own! I was so proud of her...and in awe of how brave that kid can be. If you ask me, the pools at the Disney hotels are the happiest places on Earth.
Disney in June? Never again. (No matter how much the kids beg...I will not give in to their pleas.)
Luckily my amazing sis-in-law and her boyfriend joined us later in the day to help us out. The girls were ecstatic to have them around and truthfully...so was I. Taking a six week old to Disney is definitely doable, but not easy. I felt like the majority of my attention was on him.
We stayed at the Contemporary and we all loved it. The first day we were there, we hung out by the pool, drank yummy mango margaritas and pina coladas and the kids (and Tom) enjoyed the twisty waterslide. Even Madeline went down the slide on her own! I was so proud of her...and in awe of how brave that kid can be. If you ask me, the pools at the Disney hotels are the happiest places on Earth.
Disney in June? Never again. (No matter how much the kids beg...I will not give in to their pleas.)
So happy to be in the hotel!
The girls were obsessed with finding the "hidden Mickey" faces around the room
When did she grow up? Ahhhhhh
Enjoying the pool area...Sam loved being in the shade of a tent.
Tom waiting at the top with the girls to go down the slide
Don't worry...Sam was only in the sun for a minute or two;)
Snacks by the pool
He's confident enough to hang out in a pink inner tube.
Our sanity.
Awwww.
Downtown Disney
Visiting the Lego store. Apparently Madeline felt the need to step on the Lego Girl's foot. Hmmmm.
Day 2 Magic Kingdom
On the monorail
On the monorail
Sam is so clearly excited about going to the Magic Kingdom!
The dresses my mom made for the girls were THE cutest ever! They received so many compliments on them!
My three babies on It's A Small World. Sam LOVED this ride. Seriously. He did.
Happiest Place on Earth?
Funny video while we waited for the rain to stop
In front of the castle once we headed back in the evening after the HUGE rainstorm hit.
Obligatory family shot.
Waiting in line to see Ariel
Ella and Officer Brian
Ella and Madeline meeting Ariel. First Disney Princess that I didn't think looked like a tranny. Monica said they must bring out the A-listers for that gig. After meeting Ariel, Ella jumped up and down saying "I conquered my fears! I conquered my fears!" She has always been terrified of meeting the characters and this made us all laugh:)
Madeline on the Dumbo ride (quite possibly the cutest video I have of her)
Watching the night parade (10:30pm and still going strong. All three!)
Waiting and playing checkers with mama while their hats were embroidered.
Finally back at the hotel at midnight.
The next morning coloring in their new books
Leaving the Contemporary. Such a little Disney tourist with her ears on and aviators. She's just missing that fanny pack.







2 comments:
So cute! I am dying to take mine, but I have to wait till A gets older now.
Great photos!! And, hilarious videos!! Bummer it wasn't the "dream Disney vacation" but you made great family memories anyway & you'll go again when Sam is bigger!! Just wait until he's into all the "boy" characters!! I hope for a little princess fan one day!! xoxo
Post a Comment