September 28, 2013

Five Months!


Sam you are five months old! Time flies by so quickly that it's almost painful to me. I want so badly to enjoy each and every second of your sweet life, but I find that the days go by faster than I ever want them to and the next thing I know, I am sticking a tie sticker to your white onesie that marks off another month that has gone by. I am always the mom telling other first moms "oh enjoy every bit..it goes by so fast"....well dang it. I need to take my own advice!

Month five: I'm expecting a tooth any day now, buddy. You soak clothes, chew on hands, fingers, blankets, Sophie the giraffe, teething toys galore...I have seen you try to eat your own hand off! I am not rushing a tooth by any means. I know all too well the pain involved with a teething baby and breastfeeding. Just wishing your pain away.

You are sitting up on your own. Completely taking after both of your sisters who were early sitters. We had to go in the attic and retrieve all of the "sitting up" toys. However, after searching the enormous bin, I have realized I bought entirely too many pink toys. I know to some people "it doesn't matter". But you know what? When you are a senior in high school searching for a great baby photo of yourself to put in your yearbook, I refuse to have you posing with a Disney princess anything, or a bright pink ball/legos, dolls, blocks, anything. So for now, you have about a handful of toys that you can play with;) I'm on the hunt for BLUE.

As your mom, I have mastered everything one-handed. I can make a mean PB&J one handed, grilled cheese, or turkey anything. I can brush hair, teeth, nails one handed. I somehow take Holy Communion one handed...there are times when you refuse to be put down and it's ok. I know one day you won't even let me give you a kiss on the cheek so I try not to be annoyed with your neediness. Instead, I embrace it. Nothing lasts forever baby related so I should enjoy the human cling-on while I can, right?

PS. Your big sister Ella has figured the Kuerig out and can now make me a cup of coffee. One less thing I have to do one handed. :)






2 comments:

Natassja said...

I can't wait to hold this boy in a few weeks!!! He's so cute!!!

dcy said...

I just find it hard to believe how much he has grown since July. He is just the most beautiful baby - all boy of course.... I think you should get ready - between those two girls always talking to him he will be speaking in sentences by 9 months!