And all through the house...mommy was crying. Seriously. I can't stop. It's borderline insane.
My baby girl, my firstborn, my Ella starts Kindergarten tomorrow. I remember when she was born, her very first day of life, I thought about how one day she will have to go to Kindergarten. One day, I was going to have to allow her to leave my side and enter the world of public education, letting someone else to take care of my child all day long. And that day is actually here. Gone are the days of waking up, relaxing in our pajamas and having tons of time together. Gone are the days of eating lunch together, baking cookies, reading, writing, learning, taking trips to the park...together. It will all have to wait for the weekends. I'm so used to having my little three amigos with me every second of the day. I can't imagine it any other way. But I will have to.
Time goes by fast, huh? Tomorrow, she will get on the bus (dear god the bus...please don't lose my child), and head to school to a teacher she has never met...to a classroom she's never been in. She will be on her own, and I can only have faith that she will be ok. That she will be better than ok. I pray she has fun. That she makes new friends. That she eats her lunch (which I am packing with every Hello Kitty lunch mechanism out there!). That she minds her manners and is sweet to her classmates. That she talks to her teacher and lets her know she can count to 100+, spell words, add and subtract. That she does have a sweet little voice and she loves to dance and sing and play. I hope her teacher takes the time to get to know our Ella and her kind heart.
All normal worries of a parent on their child's first day I'm sure.
But she's my baby. And this whole school thing is way harder than I ever imagined.
PS. I'm totally pulling a helicopter mom and stalking the bus tomorrow to make sure she gets into school just fine;)
My baby girl, my firstborn, my Ella starts Kindergarten tomorrow. I remember when she was born, her very first day of life, I thought about how one day she will have to go to Kindergarten. One day, I was going to have to allow her to leave my side and enter the world of public education, letting someone else to take care of my child all day long. And that day is actually here. Gone are the days of waking up, relaxing in our pajamas and having tons of time together. Gone are the days of eating lunch together, baking cookies, reading, writing, learning, taking trips to the park...together. It will all have to wait for the weekends. I'm so used to having my little three amigos with me every second of the day. I can't imagine it any other way. But I will have to.
Time goes by fast, huh? Tomorrow, she will get on the bus (dear god the bus...please don't lose my child), and head to school to a teacher she has never met...to a classroom she's never been in. She will be on her own, and I can only have faith that she will be ok. That she will be better than ok. I pray she has fun. That she makes new friends. That she eats her lunch (which I am packing with every Hello Kitty lunch mechanism out there!). That she minds her manners and is sweet to her classmates. That she talks to her teacher and lets her know she can count to 100+, spell words, add and subtract. That she does have a sweet little voice and she loves to dance and sing and play. I hope her teacher takes the time to get to know our Ella and her kind heart.
All normal worries of a parent on their child's first day I'm sure.
But she's my baby. And this whole school thing is way harder than I ever imagined.
We read this book and The Kissing Hand before going to bed. I cried during the Kissing Hand. Twice.
We had a donut picnic during the day. Gosh, I love when they get along and are just so adorable;)
Then we had a late lunch at the beach with our friends.
Sweet face.
One last little snuggle with my big Kindergartner.
PS. I'm totally pulling a helicopter mom and stalking the bus tomorrow to make sure she gets into school just fine;)
3 comments:
i AM DYING OF LAUGHTER! And tears for your worried heart! :) She will be great!! Hang in there friend!
Oh poor thing.. I was there last year and heck this year wasn't any easier for me! I hate them being away from me all day. I hope she has a great first day and I'm sure she'll be telling you all about it!
Happy 1st Day of Kindergarten!!
Post a Comment