November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween!

I love Halloween. I love seeing the kids all dressed up and excited to collect candy. It's always fun to be someone else for the day. This year Ella chose to be Sleeping Beauty and Madeline was Ariel. (Darn Disney store got the Petrini's money again). And when in Rome...Sam was the most adorable lobstah' everrrrr. No, seriously. He really was. I challenge anyone out there to show me a cuter one. He belonged on the picture from the costume bag. Ella was the perfect little princess and Madeline rocked it out with a bright red wig to complete her costume.

I do believe this was my most favorite year of trick or treating with my kids. Mainly due to our awesome neighborhood and the fact that parents handed out beer, candy corn jello shots, and spiked cider. Clearly to make it all that much more enjoyable for everyone.

The girls were having so much fun that I didn't think the night would ever end. But eventually I had to be a parent and tell them it was time to head home. With sad looks on their faces, I promised them they could eat a load of candy when they got home. Thank god they only chose a piece...or two. Or three. Does it really matter? It's Halloween! Eat up!



 Impossible to get all three to pose for a pic. But at least these photos make me laugh.


 It was a rainy dreary night, but luckily it stopped when the trick or treating really started!
 He didn't even make it a few minutes. The costume kept him warm and cozy!
 We headed to our community center for a parade of costumes and pizza party before trick or treating started!








 My awesome friend Jen and her cutie Claire
 Ella and one of her BFFs Mara 
THE Lobstah

 They went door to door...
 to door...
 to door...
 to door...
 While the moms did this...
 But what a successful, fun night! Beautiful friendships and so many amazing memories.
Throwback to Halloween 2010
Apparently we like sea creatures for early Halloween costumes. And Madeline is only 3 and we have already repeated a mermaid costume. 


No comments: