Not the dreaded flu/cough/cold. The COLD, frigid weather. I am not ready for this mentally. Or clothing wise. I don't think I have enough clothes, scarves, hats, gloves to prepare for this. And neither do my kids. How did I survive in Oklahoma? Oh yeah, I didn't leave the house. And it was hardly ever a feels-like temp of 5 degrees. It's November, Rhode Island! Give me just a few more weeks and I promise I will accept this sort of weather behavior. (Truth be told, I love living here so much that I hate even complaining ha!)
Ella on the other hand...she's in for a rude awakening. While getting her ready for school this morning we had the following conversation:
Me: Ella, you need to put on a hat today. It's freezing out there.
Ella: I can't mom. I am wearing this pretty headband today.
Me: *giving her the "you are crazy, get a flipping hat on now" stare...
Ella: I will wear my ear muffs.
My child will choose fashion over warmth any day. But I think enough cold mornings at the bus stop might just break her.
Ella on the other hand...she's in for a rude awakening. While getting her ready for school this morning we had the following conversation:
Me: Ella, you need to put on a hat today. It's freezing out there.
Ella: I can't mom. I am wearing this pretty headband today.
Me: *giving her the "you are crazy, get a flipping hat on now" stare...
Ella: I will wear my ear muffs.
My child will choose fashion over warmth any day. But I think enough cold mornings at the bus stop might just break her.
1 comment:
Ella is right, beauty is pain. Rock those ear muffs!
Post a Comment