It's been a slightly productive week. I feel a bit more independent. Even though it's a forced independence b/c I would still rather Tom do it all. Tom was quite surprised to hear I managed to wash my car (it looked almost AS good as it did the day we drove it off the lot in Germany...I do believe that was the last time I washed it myself as well...I couldn't have the snow and salt ruining black beauty's paint...oh and minus the scratch from some Parisian imbecile...remember that Bridget?? I still love Paris!) I also fixed our squeaky pantry door (Tom couldn't believe I knew what WD40 was), pumped my own gas (Tom always does this for me), killed the family of red ants in our backyard, and here's the kicker...I killed a scorpian. A. Huge. One. Yup. It was in our living room and staring at the two of us. I imagine it was drooling, ready to eat my toddler and then possibly my foot or arm. I have only seen one other scorpian since living here. It was at my old job under my desk and you better believe I screamed my head off. They laughed b/c they aren't deadly here (how was I supposed to know that??). I have seen my fair share of tarantulas (so big you can see them running across the road), but scorpians...the thought of being stung by one sends chills down my spine. Go figure one shows up after Tom is out of the house. It doesn't matter now though b/c I'm pretty sure word has spread around the scorpian world not to mess with this tough no-bug nonsense chick. All in all, a good week! See look...Ella is still smiling!

5 comments:
Best post ever...you are becoming quite the blogger!
hey hon..I had the hardest time after Dana left from R&R and Kaleb would go around the house looking for Daddy and would ask/cry for him a few times a day. I couldn't figure out how to explain it to a 2 y/o, just like you said. He would go to the computer too and say "talk to Daddy? I wanna talk to Daddy!!" Btw Way to go on the Scorpion! You are my hero! hahaha
You are hardcore! I probably would have been forced to lock myself in the room until said scorpion decided to meander on out. Well done!
One week at a time! You should try to hook your computer into your TV and pad it with pillows wearing Tom's old shirts...that way daddy can look life size and huggable for ella!
LOL Parzik...you are just too creative!
Post a Comment