Tom left this morning a little after 6 am for Korea. We said good-bye at the airport to him and he missed Ella waving and saying "buh-bye daddy." That was when the waterworks started for me. I purposely wore non-waterproof mascara just so I wouldn't want to cry. It was hard to watch the other couples saying good-bye as well. Dads giving their children one last hug and moms trying their hardest to hold it together for their children. Soldiers passing the "I love you" sign with their hands through the glass windows. Even though they aren't deploying to harm's way, it still doesn't make it easier to have our loved ones away from us for a year. I hugged Tom tight and he told me to "be strong little root" (his favorite saying whenever he has to go anywhere). I know we've done the long distance thing before, but this is different now that we have Ella. I just want it to go by fast! Coming back to the house knowing Tom wouldn't be back here for awhile made it a little difficult. But for some reason I think Ella knew I was upset because she was the one to lay next to me on the couch and play with my hair while I sniffled...a little;) She is a sweet kid when she wants to be! The lonely feeling I have won't go away, but at least I have my Ella here to keep me on my toes. Here's a little video of Ella and Tom being cute the night before he left to cheer us all up;) (Ok maybe just to cheer me up, but thought I would share with you all!)
3 comments:
I'll be thinking about you guys. Definitely use Skype. It's the best thing when you can't be close to the one's you love. I know it's going to be hard, but you're strong and when Tom returns, your love for each other will have grown beyond belief.
This is such an adorable video her face is priceless!!
I'm here for you if you feel lonely! You are always welcome to make the road trip to Dallas if you just need to get away for a bit! Keep your chin up :)
Post a Comment