April 13, 2009

Last Day

It's our last day with Tom before he leaves tomorrow for South Korea at 6 am. I am a whole bunch of jumbled mixed up feelings right now...anxious, overwhelmed, sad...this is the longest we have been apart as a family and I'm feeling a bit strained. And of course Ella has chosen the past few weeks to start acting like a little terror, too. I guess Tom has picked a fine time to be heading out;) Any moms out there with some words of wisdom on how to deal with these tantrums? Especially since I will be the lone disciplinarian! (Maybe this will make her a daddy's girl though b/c after mommy puts her in time out enough she will assume I'm the evil one!)

I will post some Easter pics tomorrow when my brain will begin functioning normally again (I hope!).

2 comments:

dcy said...

We will all miss Tom! But I think he will be missing you & Ella much more... Stay strong - don't give in to the tantrums. Once Ella knows you mean what you say she will come around to being the sweet one that we all know!!

Anonymous said...

Just remember to keep doing those sweet little things for each other. Just think, you could actually send each other old fashioned love letters!! As for Ella, just remember to not react to her little fits!! This too will pass. Love, Granny P