April 30, 2009

Where does the time go?

My baby (our baby as Tom always corrects me) is 18 months old today. I have (we have) a 1 1/2 year old. WOW. She is growing up before our eyes. Before we know it, she will be 18 and driving away in her car to head to college. Geez time for another baby, huh? Too bad that's impossible unless I'm Mary. Empty nest syndrome is lurking around the corner. I'm getting way ahead of myself. (I see my mom saying this to herself as she reads this post).

As far as Ella, she is doing great. Her vocabulary amazes me daily. Her newest words this week have been Johnny, Callie (I'm not surprised), pee pee, potty...Just today she said "I pooped" and patted her hiney (tmi?? I apologize). She is really starting to string words together, too. When Tom was on the webcam the other day, I asked her who he was and she replied with "That's MY daddy." Can it get any cuter than that? She also likes to say "That's a flower" or "that's mommy" or "that's a shoe". Pretty much anything she can put "that's" with, she will. Her favorite thing to do lately is to grab my hand and ask to play "ring round" which is her way of saying 'Ring around the Rosey'. Then I have to spin her around on the floor til 'we all fall down' and do it alllll over again until I'm too dizzy to play any longer. Ella can spin forever. Me? I'm old.

So here's to Ella...happy 1.5 yrs old girly. Thanks for making me a very happy mama.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOLLLLLLL!!!! You must be so bored to put her in that ghetto outfit.. HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Melissa said...

She put herself in that outfit. I would never do that to my child.