August 28, 2011

Adventures in AdventureLand

Adventureland is a little amusement park on Long Island. Kids seem to love it there. I loved it there as a child and was always really excited whenever an aunt or uncle would agree to take us! I was equally excited when Aunt Bunny, Michelle and Sammie took the girls there the day before we left NY so I was able to pack and do laundry (and nap) in peace. I LOVE them!! I am telling you, my girls were spoiled rotten with love, attention and prizes the whole time we were there. Ella loves Aunt Bunny so much that when she heard Hurricane Irene was headed to NY she said "I have to call Aunt Bunny to make sure she is ok!" She kept asking "where's it headed to now?" It was sweet to listen to her being so concerned.

When the girls all returned from their adventure of riding tons of rides, eating Dippin' Dots, drinking Icees, and munching on pretzels, they were greeted by Rory, Caroline, Aidan and Keira. Ella was so happy to spend her last night in town surrounded by her "cousin friends". They swam in the pool, ate more ice cream and all climbed into bed to watch The Smurfs movie. It was the perfect way to end our two week vacation.

Madeline loving ice cream
Ella looks a little perturbed that her ice cream is smaller than Sammie's.
Fishin'!
Michelle bought her this Ni Hao Kai Lan character and Ella made me deflate it and bring it home with us. :)
Showing off her tongue after an Icee.

Yes, she really does drink through straws. She catches on fast.
I love this pic. My cousins are a blast. To be their age again...I wish!
Looking out at the view!
There's da Bunny and Madeline waiting for them!

Love this. Ella is so genuinely happy with her family.


Haunted house ride...those kids in the background really look like they want a ride.

Of course they have to take pictures in a photo booth.
Madeline all ready for bed in Aunt Kim's arms.
It's Flying Saucer time!
Movie time...Ella sure misses these kids. She talks about them daily.
Thank you so much to my sweet Aunt and Uncle and Michelle for housing us for two weeks and showing us amazing hospitality. We miss you all very much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You pretty much said what i could not effectively communicate. +1

My blog:
rachat pret immobilier rachat de credit