As many of you know our family is full of NYPD. I'm quite proud of it, too. I couldn't do what they do...I'm a weakling. While we were in NY visiting, my Uncle, who is retired NYPD, took us to his precinct's picnic. You would have thought the Godfather walked into this place the way people surrounded him. He is definitely very loved and respected. I bet he could have been the commissioner one day if he didn't choose to retire. I loved that he invited us to go and the girls had a great time. It was held at The
Coleman Country Day Camp. It's this amazing camp for kids with tons of fun things. Mini golf, pools, paddle boats, endless playgrounds, petting zoos, art areas, movie/stage areas...I don't think kids could get bored there. The police really took care of everyone with plenty of food, cotton candy, fresh fruit, slushies, beer and much more. It was certainly hot outside, but the girls were sweaty little champs. (and so was I, but I had beer to keep me happy).

Mean mommy wouldn't let them play in the "balls". I just can't bring myself to EVER let them do that.

Look at our shiny, glistening faces! I love my girls.

On the back of a wagon...happy trails to youuuuu!

That's me in the background being neurotic with sunscreen as always. I think I sprayed them down 100x. I wish I could just dip them in a pool of it.

Ella was pretty good at mini golf. She stepped right up and got a hole in one. We have to work on her form a little bit.

Using the digger to pick up rocks. I like how her bow matches the digger. I planned that.

Ella's first ride in a police car. She wasn't happy when she first got in...to say the least.

But then the officer let her play with the siren and she thought she was awesome after that.

Dear Ella, This better be the ONLY time I see you in a police car. Love, Mama
1 comment:
I hear you on the balls...my worst nightmare is when Guinevere will want to play on those playgrounds at fast food restaurants...so many gross germs!!
Post a Comment