Being the Irish lass that I am (and German and English and God only knows what else from my dad's side of the family), I knew I wanted to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Originally, Tom and I were going to run a 5k that day (hey--they offer green beer at the finish line!), but we decided last minute not to run it just in case his flight home was delayed. And it was, so I am thankful I didn't have to wake up bright and early on his first morning home to exercise. Instead, I loved being able to go somewhere as a complete family for the first time in a long time. We headed to Curtis Hixon Park to watch them dye the river green and to listen to live Irish music. If I'm being honest, it wasn't even that much fun (It was hot. I was sweating. Ella wasn't feeling well), but to look next to me and know I have Tom home, I was perfectly content.
 |
| Sweaty messes. |
No comments:
Post a Comment