My man turned 31 over the weekend. Has a whole year already passed since the last birthday post? Geeeez. I swear ever since kids came into the picture, time flies by. I wanted to make his birthday weekend extra special for him. One, I am just grateful he is home with us to celebrate it and two, I love his birthdays because that means he catches up to me in age:)
We kicked off the weekend with awesome seats at the Lightning game. I knew he wanted to go to a game while he was home and he loved how close we were to the ice. Luckily for us, the Lightning won in overtime so he left the game in a good mood!
The next day, we packed our bags for two nights away, sans kids, on St. Pete Beach. Talk about R&R. I would like to say this was a gift just for my husband, but I think anyone who knows me...knows I needed this time away to ensure my sanity. We had a gorgeous hotel room that overlooked the water and I love that we didn't have to travel far to feel like we were on vacation. I think I pretended to be in the Caribbean all weekend. Between the sounds of the steel drums playing, the palm trees rustling in the wind and multiple frozen drinks in my hand, it wasn't too hard. We had a delicious birthday dinner at Salt Rock Grill. Seriously yummy. We spent some time at the tiki bar and lots of time on the beach, with drinks from the tiki bar;) The weekend was just what I had hoped for: relaxing, romantic and fun. The perfect way to celebrate the man I adore.
| Our view |
![]() |
| Tom said he only added sunscreen around his eyes to prevent wrinkles;) |
Happy 31st birthday, my love. I do simply adore you. I love growing "young" with you and I can't wait for everything the next year has in store for us. You may be another year older, but to me, you're a fine wine and you only get better with age. Thank you for making all of my days sunny, turning my frowns upside down, and for being my glass half full. I am lucky to be your wife, your best friend and the mama of your babies. It may be your birthday, but I got the best gift...YOU. Love you always.


No comments:
Post a Comment