Finally! We had beautiful weather. At an almost balmy 48 degrees, we decided to venture out and find a new picnic spot. We headed to Jamestown which is this adorable little town right across the bridge that I have had my eye on since day one of moving to Newport. Just haven't had the opportunity to visit there. We drove to the state park there and hiked out to the rocks, setting up our lunch. The girls were hesitant at first to walk along the rocks, but we reassured them it's fine. And then they became too comfortable with it and wanted to climb every rock and get too close to the edges for MY comfort. Such a worrier I am!
You can see from the pictures that it was a beautiful day and I am so glad we took advantage of the weather and spent some quality family time together.
You can see from the pictures that it was a beautiful day and I am so glad we took advantage of the weather and spent some quality family time together.
After the picnic we headed to a rainbow themed birthday party for one of Ella's besties. It was such an adorable party. Tom was watching Sam so the girls (mama included) had an awesome time;)
(Photos courtesy of the birthday girl's mom!)
Happy 6th birthday to Allison!



2 comments:
A picnic on the rocks! who would have thought of that? I would have been a little nervous taking three kids out there! glad you had a good time and the pics on the rocks are just beautiful!!
So glad y'all were able to celebrate with us! I'm totally stealing your Jamestown picnic idea as soon as we have another good weather weekend!
Post a Comment