Our whole reason for living in Newport for the past eleven months is coming to an end. My husband graduated from the Naval War College with his Master's. Countless hours were spent writing, reading, studying. I can't remember the total number of pages he wrote for his papers, but I believe it averaged to about one per day. He has an awesome ability to balance family, work and time to himself. (I'm jealous as I always forget myself...). It was hard in the beginning as he was adjusting to his new school life, but knowing there is a future deployment ahead, he didn't want his family life to be cast aside. He still made time for every soccer game, dance recital, school function...for him it wasn't just about receiving another diploma. It was also about enjoying this amazing place we were stationed at knowing this was a very rare Army opportunity!
When Tom was in high school, he was an average student. I saw him more as the jock who was quiet in class and received passing grades. I always knew he was really intelligent (probably because he chose to date me), but it was because I took the time to get to know him. He did well in college at the Citadel, but it wasn't until he started his career in the Army that he truly flourished. Watching him grow from this teenage boy who would play street hockey in my neighborhood, to a successful Major in the Army has been an honor for me. My heart swells with pride every time he achieves a new goal in his career.
His graduation day wasn't any different for me. Watching him walk across the stage and accept his diploma brought tears to my eyes. (I'm a sap like that. Y'all should know that by now though.) And for him, he acts like it is no big deal. Just another day in his life. Modesty is one of my favorite qualities about him. He hates when I brag about him which is why I do it. But he's brag-worthy. And handsome to boot;)
We love you, and can't wait to take this next adventure with you. Always by your side...every step of the way.
PS. Next big event, please don't remove the memory card from the camera. It causes me to have a meltdown. Thank goodness for Sarah letting me use her card in my camera for a few walking across the stage pics!
When Tom was in high school, he was an average student. I saw him more as the jock who was quiet in class and received passing grades. I always knew he was really intelligent (probably because he chose to date me), but it was because I took the time to get to know him. He did well in college at the Citadel, but it wasn't until he started his career in the Army that he truly flourished. Watching him grow from this teenage boy who would play street hockey in my neighborhood, to a successful Major in the Army has been an honor for me. My heart swells with pride every time he achieves a new goal in his career.
His graduation day wasn't any different for me. Watching him walk across the stage and accept his diploma brought tears to my eyes. (I'm a sap like that. Y'all should know that by now though.) And for him, he acts like it is no big deal. Just another day in his life. Modesty is one of my favorite qualities about him. He hates when I brag about him which is why I do it. But he's brag-worthy. And handsome to boot;)
We love you, and can't wait to take this next adventure with you. Always by your side...every step of the way.
Congratulations to the Class of 2014 Naval War College Graduates! Job Well Done!
PS. Next big event, please don't remove the memory card from the camera. It causes me to have a meltdown. Thank goodness for Sarah letting me use her card in my camera for a few walking across the stage pics!
Gorgeous day for an outside graduation
We waited all year for this day! Full of pride!
We had family and friends watching live from back home! Forever grateful for the love and support from afar!
His brother and sister watching at work...I cried when I saw this picture. We are all so proud!
When I see this picture, I flash forward 12 years to Ella holding her HS diploma. Ha!











No comments:
Post a Comment