June 3, 2014

Weekend with Grandpa and Uncle Bud...and BOSTON!

My dad and little brother decided to visit Newport one last time before we head to NC.  It was a great trip...minus a case of the stomach bug for both my dad and myself. What awful timing, right? But we still managed to have fun and explore Newport and even took a side trip to Boston for the night. We treated my dad to a Rays/Sox game at Fenway for an early Father's Day present. I'm pretty sure it was a gift for Tom as well:) Even though the Rays lost, the experience at Fenway was pretty incredible. (So they say...since I was recovering from the stomach bug and taking care of the kids in the hotel room). We did walk around the stadium and even though I am not a Sox fan in the least bit, the way they do baseball is the way it should be done. I enjoyed the excitement of the crowd outside of the stadium and even though I wasn't able to watch the game, I am happy I was able to see baseball's oldest ballpark!
Exploring the Fort with Uncle Bud. He couldn't believe this was in our backyard. 
 Making wishes.

 Sam napped on Grandpa during our walk
 Breakfast at the Hungry Monkey. And he is literally always a hungry monkey so it was fitting.
 Exploring the Newport Tower

 And walking on Cliff Walk

 Flying kites. For some reason I thought my one year old was capable of flying a kite. He's not. RIP kite into the forest.

 A little Frosty Freez after. (That's the actual spelling)

BOSTON!


 My dad couldn't wait to try the food;)
 Ella claimed this was the best hot dog she ever ate.



 My first, but certainly not last watermelon beer
 Have to entertain him somehow 
Visiting the USS Constitution
 Grandpa and his giiiirllllsss.

 I think this pic is so cute!


 After being on this ship, I truly do not know how anyone survived living on it. I couldn't take the close quarters for the twenty minutes we spent exploring it. 
 The harbor in the background 
 This pic was snapped by my little brother. Not sure what was going on. Either a hissy fit and me yelling at Ella (look at my point!) or I might have been telling her that there really aren't ghosts on the ship. She is obsessed with ghosts. In a fearful way.
 Thought this pic was funny because both my dad and I have the same pose. ;)
 The hands-on museum was a lot of fun! Plenty for kids to do and for the adults as well!
 Masks were completely creepy.
 Just like at home: Mom scrubbing the floors! The kids learned what a chore it was to scrub the deck!
 They learned to shorten the sails! They could climb onto the rope and mimic the video.
 Visiting Bunker Hill




 I love this pic Tom took of us!



  Paul Revere's Home
 Sam don't care.
 Walking along the Freedom Trail

 Feeding the fountain




  Such an incredible sight outside the church: Each dog tag represents a fallen soldier in Iraq and Afghanistan. 
Enjoying some gelato in Little Italy
Boston is such a cool city. I would easily go back. So much to see and do! 

 Back in Newport having donuts on the wharf
 Me and my dad:) Love this picture!


 Lunch at the Deck. 
 They couldn't leave Newport without trying the famous Lobstah rolls.
 Sam wasn't happy they were leaving:(
 Neither was Madeline.
Miss them already so much!! 

No comments: