I have a secret. I actually love Mother's Day. I always play it off like it's no big deal, but really it is for
any mom. I don't like how commercialized our society has made the day, but I don't buy into all of that. I don't need an expensive Hallmark card, or flowers. But if I get them, I won't complain. I prefer handmade cards and the "flowers" the girls pick from outside more! What I really love is the day is about
me. I did birth these small humans after all.
Tom always does a great job with Mother's Day. I haven't figured out if it's because he wants a really awesome Father's Day gift the following month, (there IS a reason our day comes first...it's a test to see how they treat us for the day) OR if it's because he knows I deserve a wonderful day. I like to believe it's the latter. He is certainly that husband who lets me know, almost on a daily basis, that he couldn't do my job. He "would lose his mind" he tells me. (Apparently, he hasn't figured out mine is missing).
This year, I spent My Day sleeping in and waking up to breakfast in bed. I received beautiful purple and orange tulips, new Ray Bans, my favorite candies, and no lie...white skinny jeans. Three weeks postpartum and my husband buys me white skinny skimmer ankle jeans. "What? You'll great in them, babe!" The good news is somehow, by the grace of God, they fit. And they are super cute. I love that man. I really do. He's a brave one, huh? He and Ella actually picked out a few cute outfits for me. I'm guessing living in my yoga pants for the next year is out of the question.
We spent the rest of the day walking to the park with the kids, enjoying grown up drinks on the balcony, and Tom making homemade delicious pizza for dinner. I think I fit a nap in there, too. Honestly, my day could not have been any better. I spent it with my amazing family...my sweet as pie hubby, and my three loving little ones. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. This mama is beyond blessed.
 |
| Homemade waffles! |
 |
| Who wouldn't want to eat breakfast with this clan? |
 |
| My Girls! |
 |
| Mother's Day workout! |
 |
| Yummmmmy. |
 |
He's yummy too:)
 |
| Madeline drew me a picture. It's a picture of me. I think I'm yelling. Which is a pretty accurate portrayal then. |
 |
My loves
|
|
1 comment:
You have such an adorable family!!!
Post a Comment