August 30, 2013

A Week

My Aunt helped us out more than she could ever realize when she took the girls for a week. They took the ferry to NY to have a one week all inclusive getaway at their Aunt Bunny's house. I knew I wasn't being the best mom to them. I was stressed, tired, short-tempered and truly could've used a week to myself to crawl in a dark hole and sleep (preferably next to a box of wine..yeah a box.) I was hesitant to have them away for so long. It's by far the longest I have ever gone without seeing them. At most it has been two days. But they absolutely loved spending time with her and my uncle and cousin...and the rest of my NY family as well. They were spoiled rotten the whole week and honestly, they deserved to be. I was so happy to know they were so happy and having fun! An added bonus: my family gets to know Ella and Madeline better than ever before!

The day they came home was a relief though. I have to say life without them was almost...dare I say it...boring?  My entire day, life, world revolves around my family, especially my three children. With two of them being absent, I found myself just missing them! I was 100% grateful to be able to spend time with Sam though. I'll never forget blasting country music and dancing with him in the living room and he just belly laughed like crazy. I think he loved being the center of my attention, but I don't think he knew what to do with the quiet house;) They say absence makes the heart grow fonder and I am a true believer in that. I see my children in a different light now. I needed that light. And I can't thank my aunt enough for doing what she did. Love you, Bunny!!!
She took them to Adventureland (amusement park that I used to LOVE going to as a kid! ha!)
 They made homemade pizza
 She taught them how to keep a clean house and to make a good sauce. (My aunt is Italian) 
It was the best to be able to FaceTime with them! However, Madeline did break down crying the first night away from me when she saw me! Broke my heart!

They loved sending us funny photos!
And apparently these kids were wiped out between the beach, spray park and my uncle's swimming pool!
She took them to see the movie Planes

So happy to have them home! Sam was all smiles...and promptly passed out shortly after they got home!
All in all, it was a week they'll never forget...and neither will I:)
But we did have a little fun while they were away...
Newport Storm Luau at the fort
 Took the water taxi with Sam's girlfriends to go to lunch;)

No comments: