To know August is already coming to an end is crazy to me. We have looked forward to moving here to Newport since the beginning of November. Waited. Anticipated. We talked about it daily. Now that we are here it's still a little surreal. It's everything I pictured it to be and more. The scenery is incredible. Every time I drive to my house I can't believe I pass the beautiful water and sailboats. It's a view I would never grow tired of. I want time to slow down to keep enjoying it all, yet...it's been the longest summer of my life.
The summer was hard on all of us. The road trip was long. The packing/unpacking/move was chaotic. Things certainly didn't go anywhere near as planned. Tom is getting used to living the academic life again. He must read and study ALL day long. I tried to read one line of what he had on his iPad and passed out from boredom. The girls are kind of sick of each other. Ok they are a lot sick of each other. They bicker more than ever, and tell one another that they want to punch the other in her face. (I try not to laugh when it comes out of Madeline's mouth "I gonna punch you in da face Ewwa"...that chick is tough and Ella better watch out). Sam is the most chill, coolest person in my life at this point to date. To know he's already four months old pings at me, but I love that he's happy, healthy, and a big ball of smiles and laughter. When our world is crazy and loud, I look at him and put my nose to his nose, Eskimo kiss him and take a deep breath of sweet baby smell. It always seems to calm me. Things may be far from perfect in this house of ours, but one thing is for sure: I am so in love with my family. All craziness included.
The summer was hard on all of us. The road trip was long. The packing/unpacking/move was chaotic. Things certainly didn't go anywhere near as planned. Tom is getting used to living the academic life again. He must read and study ALL day long. I tried to read one line of what he had on his iPad and passed out from boredom. The girls are kind of sick of each other. Ok they are a lot sick of each other. They bicker more than ever, and tell one another that they want to punch the other in her face. (I try not to laugh when it comes out of Madeline's mouth "I gonna punch you in da face Ewwa"...that chick is tough and Ella better watch out). Sam is the most chill, coolest person in my life at this point to date. To know he's already four months old pings at me, but I love that he's happy, healthy, and a big ball of smiles and laughter. When our world is crazy and loud, I look at him and put my nose to his nose, Eskimo kiss him and take a deep breath of sweet baby smell. It always seems to calm me. Things may be far from perfect in this house of ours, but one thing is for sure: I am so in love with my family. All craziness included.
Our backyard may be small (back in the day this was the front of the house) but we love having a spot for the girls to ride their scooters and bikes, play baseball, go on caterpillar hunts, and for us to watch them and grill out and drink beer;) Best part, it's a few stones throw away from the water and playgrounds!
I just adore this pic of Sam. My handsome little man!
Cool enough to wear a hoodie!
Still dealt with the peeling of the fingers and toes:(
She ended up losing this fingernail. But she said it didn't hurt!
And it took forever for her to finally remove her hospital "jewelry"
We've been hunting for a church that's a good fit for our family...and my aunt Lorraine sent the girls these beautiful seer sucker dresses and if they could wear them daily, I would let them!
Beach time! We have a really small beach that we like to walk to just so the kids can play in the sand. The water is way too cold for all of us!
Baby feet in the sand. How cute!!
His smile. Melts. My. Heart.
Living here is like going back to 1950. Mail gets delivered to your door. We have a milkman who delivers us milk in glass bottles. Tight-knit community with lots of socials...I even joined the Bunco group! Ha!
I decided to garden a bit. This whole bed was covered in weeds. It was awful. So I added flowers:) The girls took all the giant clam shells and made a pretty border.
And yeah. When did she get so big??
















1 comment:
Love it!! :) Can't wait to come & visit!!
Post a Comment