We live on a state park. Did I mention that? When my aunt brought the girls home, we decided to show her and my cousin around the area. We took a quick, self-guided tour of the Fort and then walked along the harbor. I will say, it was very impressive. It's a beautiful fort. Originally it belonged to the Army and was an active duty post until 1950, but we gave it to the Navy in 1953. Wouldn't all my Army wives love to have this place on a list of duty station possibilities? I love how they still use it for the annual Jazz and Folk festivals. You can't beat the views... or that you're partying inside a National Historic Landmark. Life at the Fort hasn't changed much since the 1840's either apparently. It was always known for an active social life, and that still holds true today:)
Love, love, love life at the Fort.
Krissy (baby girl in belly) and Ella
Sam is in there behind Ella!
Inside old Non-commissioned officer quarters
A cement model of the fort
Lion King?

No comments:
Post a Comment