December 7, 2013

Adventures in Tree Trimming

It really is an adventure putting up any tree. But especially an enormous real tree in a tiny townhome. Tom and I were exchanging quite the plethora of curses and laughs after our friend Dylan dropped off our freshly chopped down tree. Between trying to fit it in the door, and then having it stand up straight...it was quite the job. We love this holiday though, and we love seeing how excited the girls were to have a real tree and to start decorating it that nothing could really make us that upset...

Unless you count me almost losing my mind watching the girls hang multiple ornaments on the same branch and then adding candy canes on top of that. But I just sat back and watched. And cringed.

My kid at heart hubby insists on colored lights on the tree. It's festive he says:) And the girls agree completely with him.



Just a quick snippet of our night. These girls...I just adore them.

 What? You don't use your tree skirt as a superman cape?
 This is how we kept Sam trapped for all of like 30 seconds while we decorated.

 Let the morning playtime begin by the tree. 
 I love this time of year. 

1 comment:

dcy said...

Loved that Ella had the Wizard of Oz ornaments to hang on the tree! so glad you took those ornaments with you - Ella will have the same wonderful memories every christmas when she decorates the tree1