Some snowy days have begun around Newport. We are all loving it for now. The hearty soups and stews for dinner. The hot cocoa and cider...and White Christmas Sam Adams. The latest snowfall made me realize one thing: my kids do not own snow gloves. Whoops! Their poor little hands are always bright pink when they come inside with their frozen mittens on. But it doesn't stop them from playing in it. And don't worry. They will get the proper gloves. I promise.
Luckily, Tom bought them sleds the other week (see we are semi-prepared!). I thought he would just buy the cheap little discs. Nope. He went to some mountain gear store and picked the Sleds of the Year. Nothing but the best for his kids. ;) But we all know it was secretly for him. He's a big kid. And this video proves it:
He went for a test run to see if there was enough snow to let the girls sled for the first time. This is a hill in our neighborhood. I was sort of terrified after he sent me this video to even take the girls sledding!
Luckily, Tom bought them sleds the other week (see we are semi-prepared!). I thought he would just buy the cheap little discs. Nope. He went to some mountain gear store and picked the Sleds of the Year. Nothing but the best for his kids. ;) But we all know it was secretly for him. He's a big kid. And this video proves it:
He went for a test run to see if there was enough snow to let the girls sled for the first time. This is a hill in our neighborhood. I was sort of terrified after he sent me this video to even take the girls sledding!
Keep in mind it gets dark at 4pm here so the video is dark. The girls LOVED their first taste of sledding and I have a feeling it will be a very fun, (albeit nerve wracking for me) winter! With all of our awesome hills to choose from, the girls will be very busy testing them all out.
I couldn't believe how brave they were. No worries. Madeline really did love it. The girl has no fear. And I wish I could have recorded Ella going down with her hands in the air! I think my heart was in my stomach the whole time I watched them.
One of our first snowfalls. He loves watching them play (from the warm indoors!)
I made Tom pick Ella up from the bus stop. He looked like he enjoyed it though!
And this little beauty wanted to go, too! In her tutu no less!
Our holly berry tree out front. So pretty!
Sam passed out during sledding and stayed that way for awhile afterwards. Not sure if he was frozen or what;)
No comments:
Post a Comment