The Polar Express! We took a trip on the Polar Express the weekend before Christmas. We figured it would be fun for the kids (who swear they had "lots of fun"!), but for me...I needed way more beer to deal with the crazy caroling...screaming...that happened at the end! Santa's little helpers on the train trying to get everyone to sing were a bit obnoxious and controlling. It's called singing Christmas songs. Not screaming them for thirty minutes in a metal tube that was already filled with kids hyped on hot cocoa and cookies. Oh and they handed them jingle bells (if you hear them jingle... you believe, right?) and maracas! I don't think I could get off the train fast enough.
Dang. I sound like the Grinch. Ok it was fun. I promise.
But unlike the gingerbread houses...we will never ever do it again. (well maybe. If Sam has an obsession with trains or something. I guess 'never' should be removed from my vocabulary.) I am such a sucker.
Dang. I sound like the Grinch. Ok it was fun. I promise.
But unlike the gingerbread houses...we will never ever do it again. (well maybe. If Sam has an obsession with trains or something. I guess 'never' should be removed from my vocabulary.) I am such a sucker.
This conductor guy took his role very seriously. Tickets! Tickets! Tickets! (and crazily hole punched our train tickets just like the movie!)
I love that crazy face.
Jen and Claire!
You ever see a kid so miserable to get a temporary tattoo? Now you have.
We reached the North Pole!
Sam and his buddy, Travis!
Sam is thinking "Yeah, I have seen like 102 of these guys in red suits this season....over it!"
And Madeline is clearly over the singing and chaos. Girl after my own heart;)
No comments:
Post a Comment