December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve

Hard to believe it's already Christmas Eve. The holiday season really flew by entirely too fast. I feel like it was a whirlwind of shopping, wish lists, seeing Santa, tree lightings, classroom parties, holiday crafting, egg nog drinking (ewwww not me, but the rest of my family), hiding Henry...

I just need and want time to slow down. Maybe I should have put that on my Wish List this year. A big, fat PAUSE button.

We had a really relaxing day though. The girls baked gingerbread cookies with their daddy while I ran errands for last minute gifts for my man. I think he's really going to enjoy the Forever Lazy man pajamas and fuzzy wolf blanket I bought him.

We went to Christmas Eve mass where smiley Sam made friends with everyone. I love that every single time we go to church we are complimented on how well behaved our kids are. And just how blessed we are. I will never tire of hearing that.

After Mass, we kept up with our tradition of fondue and daddy reading The Night Before Christmas. When Tom tracked Santa on NORAD and told the girls that Santa was getting close, they ran up to their beds and fell fast asleep. If only Santa could make a nightly visit and bedtime would always be that easy;)

With the gifts under the tree, and all over the living room...we are finally able to breathe a sigh of relief. We know our children will wake up to another happy, wonderful Christmas. We are excited to see their faces and to soak up these memories with them. I love it because it brings me back to my own childhood and waking my parents up at 4 am to open presents. Children bring that magic to Christmas morning, and I can't wait to celebrate with them tomorrow.









 Love that Madeline is kissing Sam!!
 My babies:) 
 Handsome little guy. (Still can't believe we have a BOY!)
 Fondue!













No comments: