January 10, 2010

Happy New Year!


I know I am quite tardy for the party, but I wanted to wish everyone a very Happy New Year...and shoot Merry Christmas as well! We spent two fabulous weeks visiting family in Florida for the holidays and even though I returned last Monday to Oklahoma, I have been the laziest of all lazy people. As a matter of fact, I just unpacked this afternoon. Ella and I have been hibernating for the past week because the weather has been too cold to venture elsewhere. With temps below zero, I prefer the indoors versus the icy outdoors. Do you blame me? Finally my FL friends had a little taste of what we go through being stuck indoors all day with a two year old because of frigid temps. I heard it even snowed in FL. Now that is crazy.

Being home was simply perfect. Our Christmas Eve was spent at Mass where Ella exclaimed "CHURCH!" as soon as she saw the altar. It was loud, but cute and I was beaming with pride;) We went to my MIL's house afterwards for some tasty treats and quality family time. The next morning everyone came over to my parent's house for breakfast and to watch Ella open her presents from Santa. Tom joined us via Skype so he didn't miss out on a single present being opened. Ella would show him every gift backwards, but he still smiled. Technology is amazing...to know he was across the world, but it felt like he was right there...if only we could have hugged and kissed him;) Ella was adorable opening her presents. Every gift she would talk about the wrapping paper. "oh look snowmen!" "Oh Santa." "wow Gingerbread man." She has quite the love for the Christmas season. It was a constant singing of "Silent Night", "Frosty the Snowman", "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" and "Jingle Bells". When you ask her what Santa says, she yells "Ho ho ho, Merrrrry Christmas!" I can't wait until what she has in store for us next year.

Rockin' Out before Mass
With Grandpa
At Granny P's house for the annual Christmas Eve party!
With her new Tony Stewart bear from Grampy Larry:)
Playing baseball with Uncle Phil
Back at Grandma's about to open a present
Our Christmas tradition with Ella--opening Christmas PJs on Christmas Eve and then reading A Night Before Christmas (which my mom read to my brothers and I every Christmas Eve til we moved out!)
The beautiful tree with presents all ready for Ella Christmas Morning
I love how Santa wraps presents with fabulous ribbon:)
Still snoozin...
Daddy is here...we can open presents now:)
And of course show him every single gift..opened or not.



Ella's big castle from the Korean Santa!
How talented is my mom? She made this for Ella!
One of Ella's favorite new stuffed animals
"Is this donut all for meeee?"
"It must be Christmas! And no, mom I am not sharing!"
"Santa knows my taste in fashion"
With Uncle Bryan:)

A few pictures after Christmas playing in her dress
I love how she's turned in this photo

Yes, that's candy cane on her face.

If you want to view a few more photos from Christmas Eve and Christmas morning, click here.
Stay tuned for more photos from our trip to FL.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was so much fun! We did end up having great Holidays, just wish Tom could have been here. Just a few more months!!