February 14, 2013

Our Valentine's Day

Happy Love Day! For some reason this year I actually cared about Valentine's Day. Typically, it's just another day for me, but maybe with Tom missing it last year, I wanted to make it special for him and for the girls. 


They loved their new books!
When Tom woke up he found goodies everywhere he looked. We hid candy and little prizes all over the house and even in his car. All of them had a note attached as to why we love him so much.



I took the girls out to breakfast for muffins and smoothies. They were perfect dates:)


We went to story hour at the library.

When we came home, Tom had left us cupcakes from the bakery downtown. I don't have a picture, but they were delicious! We decorated for the candlelit dinner we were making for him that night: Chicken Francese which I do believe is our favorite dish. The only picture I have though is the aftermath of the dinner!
This was a heart banner the girls had painted earlier.
We spent the rest of the day crafting and reading the new books we bought them. 




And of course we needed dessert so I made root beer floats. Tom decided to make his float in a Mas beer mug. 
He spoiled all of his girls with lots of awesome presents and for the first time since I was a teenager, I didn't think Valentine's Day was such a silly holiday. I actually enjoyed my entire day.

No comments: