February 10, 2014

Daddy's in Hawaii...

And we are all sick. Fun times! Tom left this week for Hawaii. The morning he left, I had been up all night with a stomach bug. I don't think it was the flu per say, but I felt like I had been hit by a vehicle of some sort. But when moms are sick, head in the toilet, it doesn't matter to her three children. They are still as demanding as ever. From the second they woke up, it was no rest for the weary. Did I mention all three of them were sick as well? Coughing, runny noses, just general yuckiness. Even though I did the least amount I could to keep them happy, I kept cursing Tom for being away for "work". I knew if he was home, I could have rested a bit in peace. Instead I drove all of us to the closest convenient store for Gatorade and little goodies to keep them occupied for at least an hour so I could try to close my eyes and make the room stop spinning.

It never happened. But luckily, it was a quick bug and by evening I was up and cleaning the house. Which by the way, looked like someone let a tornado loose inside.
The night before Daddy left... Sam snuggled on him. And Ella enjoyed the fancy schmancy cupcakes he brought home. Then the next morning when Madeline woke up to hear "no, daddy left. He's in Hawaii"...big tears. Kinda hilarious. 
They worked on some Valentine's Day art to keep busy...

And Ella entertained them with a disappearing act.

1 comment:

dcy said...

Maddie - what a big heart she has! I can just picture her crying when she found out daddy wasn't home. Such a sweet child!