February 4, 2014

Welcome February!

We started off the month with a Saturday morning trip to Home Depot. As soon as I found out the girls...ahem...I...could build a Tony Stewart race car, I was in! Grampy Larry LOVES him and Nascar so I knew he would get a kick out of seeing his granddaughters build the cars. These Home Depot workshops crack me up. The kids take the credit, but really, minus maybe hammering a nail every now and then or gluing a piece of wood down, the moms are truly doing all the work. But the end result is what matters: the pin on their apron. And man are they always beaming with pride when they get it.
Playdate after at the neighborhood park. Sam didn't drink the coffee. I promise. Come summer, that cup holder will have a beer. And he won't be drinking that either. 
The kids were so muddy from the park that they immediately got baths when they walked in the door. Sam crawled around in mud. It's what boys do. His outfit after could top my favorites list. That's a screenprint of overalls on a gray sweatshirt one-piece. There's a back, too. All he needs is a tractor. 

Sam had his 9 month appointment. He's on the small side. 0% for weight. And 21% for height. He was almost 16lbs. Dr isn't concerned and neither am I. Both girls were really tiny, too until a year and then the whole milk kicked in and they grew like crazy. That pic on the left was taken at the commissary after his appointment. Poor boy couldn't hang and passed out on the top of the cart. Easiest grocery store trip to date.
He recently started taking steps, too. It's quite hilarious.


No comments: