Honestly, how did I ever survive deployments? I questioned that after this week without Tom. The first few days are always the hardest. By Saturday when he returned we had settled into a routine. But I missed Tom like crazy! Crazy. Crazy. Or maybe that is what I became without him around. I missed his company. He's always busy with school anyway, or holed up in the office writing, but at least I know he's home to lock the doors at night and to climb into bed with me to make me feel safe.
There is something about just having that feeling of comfort and company and safety that makes my day complete. When he got home he said "so you're saying you missed me and that you actually see that I do DO stuff around the house?" No, buddy. Don't go getting all full of yourself. Lord knows I can handle taking the trash out;)
But I did miss him. A whole lot.
Although the gifts of Hawaiian chocolate and jewelry were so unexpected and awesome that I could be willing to sacrifice seeing him for another week if I keep getting spoiled like that.
Oh, did I mention we got another wild, slushy snow "storm"? They called it that, but it wasn't too too crazy. Here's the start of it that I sent to Tom in Hawaii. The flakes were huge and it sounded pretty hitting the ground.
There is something about just having that feeling of comfort and company and safety that makes my day complete. When he got home he said "so you're saying you missed me and that you actually see that I do DO stuff around the house?" No, buddy. Don't go getting all full of yourself. Lord knows I can handle taking the trash out;)
But I did miss him. A whole lot.
Although the gifts of Hawaiian chocolate and jewelry were so unexpected and awesome that I could be willing to sacrifice seeing him for another week if I keep getting spoiled like that.
Sick week.
The only way to get any cooking done. Love that Ergo.
And he loves brown rice and pork chops!
That's right...we did store bought Valentine's Cards! No guilt. No stress.
We did, however, make the bus drivers some snacks and give them a little gift card for coffee:) Don't worry, Ella's teachers got goodies as well!
Ella is obsessed with reading lately. We read a new book every night. My mom loves to have these little video clips sent to her so she can see and hear her. However, in this one you can totally hear how noisy our house is and how sick poor Ella was.
"I can't see you."
And boom goes the baby.
1 comment:
Love the updates - my favorite was Sam holding the mickey mouse pointer with the caption "I can't see you" LOL (did Ella get that from her bookfair)
Post a Comment