March 16, 2011

I'm baaaack!

Are you ready for me? I am back. I have a new look (well my blog does). Thanks to Jamie! She's awesome and I told her I wanted a new look for my little blog to get me to write more often and she made it perfect:) I highly recommend her.
I can't believe it is mid-March already and I am still blogging about February happenings. I am going to catch everyone up in the next few posts and then I promise (not pinky promise though) that I will be better with my blog.

On the first day of February we experienced a bit of a snowstorm. Last year we had an ice storm this same week (and I hated being alone with electric going on and off figuring out how to keep my Ella warm!), but this year it was pretty snow! I enjoyed it even more because Tom was HOME for it. He had off of work and I could send him out to the store for more snowstorm supplies. We ran out of ALCOHOL. Don't worry folks. Tom risked his life and drove out in the wild, blustery white-out and came home with essentials: Plenty of wine, beer and Skittles. We tried to play in the snow, but the majority of the time, the temps were below zero with winds of 40mph. He did drag poor Ella out there and she loved it until she realized her face was frozen and icicles had developed on her lips. She obviously didn't learn her lesson because she was out there that same night with her daddy once again throwing frozen snowballs.
Just a tad bit windy.

Pretty much the coolest snowman ever built.
My Aunt Bunny sent us one of those "build a snowman kit" things and Ella had been begging to use it and we finally got our chance!!



This is how we play in the snow in Oklahoma: with sand buckets and shovels:)
Ella loved throwing snowballs at me. And I threw them right back.
Tom built the girls a "snow fort". More like a snow playpen.

I love this little nugget so much!

Sitting so pretty in the snow.
To see even more photos click here.

2 comments:

Family Sorensen said...

The photo of Madeline (want to call her Maddy) in the snow looks professional. Soooo sweet.

The Vest Family said...

So many things to say about this post. 1st-love the snowman and really loved that you brought a little Florida into building it (ie. bucket and shovel). 2- Snow playpen, lol 3- oh.....Tom risking his life driving for alcohol! 4- Your girls being so stinking cute!!!!!!!!!!!