December 26, 2012

Christmas Eve

How lucky are we? To be able to spend Christmas as a whole family. I can't describe just how happy I was this holiday season to have Tom home with us and to have him see firsthand the excitement of his girls over every little thing involving Christmas. I feel like he has missed so much in their young lives, but we are certainly making up for it.

Christmas Eve was exactly as we always have it. A pretty relaxing day with a few last minute errands and then we headed to Mass and home for some delicious fondue. It's our Eve tradition and I never intend to break it. This year though Madeline did a lot of whining and begging for the fondue forks and eventually we gave in, but I thought she was going to stab herself or someone else at the table. I might need to look into a kid's fondue set because a regular fork wasn't keeping her smiling. She knew better. After dinner, my mom read the girls The Night Before Christmas...a few times...and we set out a plate for Santa and his reindeer; Cookies and eggnog for Santa and carrots for his helpful flying friends. However, we caught Madeline on multiple occasions drinking the last drop of eggnog from Santa's mug and popping a few gingerbread cookies into her mouth. We needed to refill more than once. Sneaky little middle child;)

In church...I can already see Madeline's plan to be naughty
Fondue and family. Two of my loves:)


Love that Papa is holding her hand


Pics in front of the tree were interesting to say the least.  



Tom waiting patiently for everyone to behave 







I think they paid more attention to this book than to The Night Before Christmas



And Tom's version of The Night Before Christmas

1 comment:

Jamie Kubeczka said...

Love the pics and so glad you and your family were able to be together and enjoy the holidays.