Our awesome little elf brought us breakfast straight from the North Pole! I started this tradition last year and Ella has been asking the whole time if Henry will be bringing us breakfast again. I tend not to do something like this in the very beginning. I feel like it sets the expectations of the elf a little high. I don't feel like being the overachieving elf mom this year. We are just happy our elf found a new spot everyday and I didn't wake up in a cold sweat wondering if I remembered to move him.
The girls were so excited to see the sugary filled breakfast Henry left for them. When Tom was helping me put it all together he said "the elf couldn't bring them whole wheat pancakes or something??" Well, duh, Tom. Elves only eat sugar. And it was a heck of a lot easier to grab a plate of Rudolph donuts out of the fridge at 6:30 am without the girls noticing then to start making pancakes!
I hope to continue this tradition...even when my children don't believe anymore. Although they were a little sugar happy that day, I wouldn't change a thing. It's one day of the year they eat a breakfast like that and it made me happy to see them so very happy.
The girls were so excited to see the sugary filled breakfast Henry left for them. When Tom was helping me put it all together he said "the elf couldn't bring them whole wheat pancakes or something??" Well, duh, Tom. Elves only eat sugar. And it was a heck of a lot easier to grab a plate of Rudolph donuts out of the fridge at 6:30 am without the girls noticing then to start making pancakes!
I hope to continue this tradition...even when my children don't believe anymore. Although they were a little sugar happy that day, I wouldn't change a thing. It's one day of the year they eat a breakfast like that and it made me happy to see them so very happy.
| They were so excited to see Henry brought them each an elf hat to wear! |
| The main course: Santa hats resting on cut up Swiss Cake rolls topped with icing and strawberries and Rudolph donuts made with chocolate donuts, pretzels and m&ms |
| Henry looks so proud! |
| Extra marshmallows...which Tom definitely used to start a "snowball" fight |
| So sweet, and so excited! |
| Let the snowball fight begin! |
| Cheers! |
2 comments:
So cute.. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!
How did I miss this? So cute!! ;)
Post a Comment