December 23, 2012

Johnny Weir in da house!

For all of you who do not know Johnny Weir...here he is...


It's very convenient that when my parents were here we were watching the Today Show and and JW was ice skating in Rockerfeller Center looking much like that picture in all of his flamboyant getup. Johnny Weir became my dad's new nickname for Tom. They love to pick on each other. Next thing you know, we are all headed to OKC to do a little ice skating. 

Ella has loved ice skating for the past two years that we have taken her, but this year she hated it. I can't figure out why. Part of me just thinks she was in a cranky mood. Or maybe it was the fact that the ice was melted and gross looking. We all know Ella is a bit of a perfectionist/girly girl. Can't have brown puddles of dirty water on the rink God forbid! Instead, Madeline finally got her chance on the ice and loved it. Originally, I wasn't going to let her try it. The overprotective mom came out in me and I was a little nervous she would fall and break something. But she begged and I gave in. She rocked it. And was ALL smiles. 
So happy to start skating

"ewwwww what is up with the dirty ice?"

Full on Johnny Weir right here. Just missing the fingerless gloves.

Such a cute, attentive dad
Skates are all laced up!


Standing on her own...not too bad!



Pouting. But I still love this picture. Life isn't always all rainbows.
With Papa and happy again 

No comments: